Govt dialogue with BNP brought forward
October 12, 2008 00:00:00
The government dialogue with BNP has been set for October 14, by bringing it one day forward, the Chief Adviser's press secretary said Saturday, reports bdnews24.com.
"The government will hold talks with BNP on the morning, and will sit with Jamaat-e-Islami in the afternoon, at the Chief Adviser's office," the CA's Press Secretary Syed Fahim Munaim told the news agency.
The date had earlier been set for October 15. It was reset in consultation with BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia as it coincided with the deadline for party registration with the Election Commission.
Chief Adviser Fakhruddin Ahmed will lead the government side. Five advisers Ghulam Quader, AF Hassan Ariff, Anwarul Iqbal, Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury and Hossain Zillur Rahman will accompany him in the dialogue.
BNP Secretary General Khandaker Delwar Hossain told reporters at his NAM flat residence: "BNP will sit with the government in the interest of a credible election. We will present our statement to the government to create an atmosphere for fair and free elections."