Aug 21 Grenade Attack: CID gets more time
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
A Dhaka court has granted Criminal Investigation Department (CID) 105 more days to complete investigation into the grenade attack on Awami League (AL) rally on August 21, 2004, reports bdnews24.com.
The acting Judge Fozila Begum of the Dhaka's Second Additional Metropolitan Session Judge's Court passed the order Monday after CID's special superintendent of police Abdul Kahhar Akand, also the investigation officer in the case, requested four months for submitting the report.
The other case filed under the Explosives Act is pending with the same court.
Chief state counsel's deputy Akramuddin Shyamol told the news agency that it was the seventh time that the court granted CID more time for investigation.
The proceedings of the two cases are running simultaneously with 61 witnesses having testified so far.
The acting Judge Fozila Begum of the Dhaka's Second Additional Metropolitan Session Judge's Court passed the order Monday after CID's special superintendent of police Abdul Kahhar Akand, also the investigation officer in the case, requested four months for submitting the report.
The other case filed under the Explosives Act is pending with the same court.
Chief state counsel's deputy Akramuddin Shyamol told the news agency that it was the seventh time that the court granted CID more time for investigation.
The proceedings of the two cases are running simultaneously with 61 witnesses having testified so far.