Concord Grand safe: REHAB
Tuesday, 8 June 2010
FE Report
Multistory Concord Grand -- the building that frightened the residents as cracks developed in it-- is risk-free, said the realtors association Monday.
Real Estate Association of Bangladesh (REHAB) said a four-member probe body comprising experts has already been formed to look into the crack issue and it has examined the construction system of the building.
The statement from the real estate groups comes after the 22-story building appeared to have developed cracks in the partition, gripping the residents of one of the city's tallest residential buildings in panic Saturday.
Nearly 1,000 tenants of Concord Grand building also decamped fearing that the high-rise may collapse like the four-storey building that toppled at Begunbari last week, killing 25 people.
But REHAB said their experts' team has evaluated the condition of the building and declared the building as risk-free, said a statement.
Multistory Concord Grand -- the building that frightened the residents as cracks developed in it-- is risk-free, said the realtors association Monday.
Real Estate Association of Bangladesh (REHAB) said a four-member probe body comprising experts has already been formed to look into the crack issue and it has examined the construction system of the building.
The statement from the real estate groups comes after the 22-story building appeared to have developed cracks in the partition, gripping the residents of one of the city's tallest residential buildings in panic Saturday.
Nearly 1,000 tenants of Concord Grand building also decamped fearing that the high-rise may collapse like the four-storey building that toppled at Begunbari last week, killing 25 people.
But REHAB said their experts' team has evaluated the condition of the building and declared the building as risk-free, said a statement.