logo

HC rejects writ seeking probe into interim govt activities

Friday, 22 May 2026


The High Court (HC) has dismissed a writ petition seeking an investigation into the 18-month activities of the immediate past interim government, led by Prof Dr Muhammad Yunus, report agencies.
The HC bench of Justice Ahmed Sohel and Justice Fatema Anwar passed the order after hearing the petition on Thursday.
Advocate MK Rahman and Advocate Muhsin Rashid argued for the writ petitioner, while Attorney General Md Ruhul Quddus Kazal represented the state.
The Attorney General said the petitioners are not the aggrieved parties, which the legal standing requires to file a writ petition challenging the activities of the interim government.
The matter is related to the structure of the state. A writ petition on the same issue had previously been dismissed and the latest petition was rejected as it was filed for a second time on the same matter, he said, adding that the writ had been filed with political ill intent.
Senior Supreme Court lawyer Muhammad Muhsin Rashid had filed the writ petition with the HC on May 17 challenging the 18-month activities of the interim government.