Nadal to defend title at Queen's
Friday, 10 April 2009
World number one Rafael Nadal has confirmed he will defend his title at Queen's Club in June, reports BBC.
The Spaniard joins a strong line-up that also includes Britain's world number four Andy Murray for the renamed grass-court event in London.
Nadal beat Novak Djokovic in last year's final before going on to win his first Wimbledon title.
"It is a special place. You feel like you are in a club, a real tennis club, so that is really nice," he said.
"Playing the AEGON Championships means that you are already in London, the courts are in perfect condition like at Wimbledon and so it is always a pleasure to play there.
"The atmosphere is always really good and the crowd has always been really nice with me. I just want to say 'thanks very much to all the fans in England'."
The Spaniard joins a strong line-up that also includes Britain's world number four Andy Murray for the renamed grass-court event in London.
Nadal beat Novak Djokovic in last year's final before going on to win his first Wimbledon title.
"It is a special place. You feel like you are in a club, a real tennis club, so that is really nice," he said.
"Playing the AEGON Championships means that you are already in London, the courts are in perfect condition like at Wimbledon and so it is always a pleasure to play there.
"The atmosphere is always really good and the crowd has always been really nice with me. I just want to say 'thanks very much to all the fans in England'."