Prior joins Australian A-league
Wednesday, 31 December 2008
SYDNEY, Dec 30 (AFP): Former English Premiership defender Spencer Prior has come out of retirement to play in the final stages of the Australian A-League football season, a report said Tuesday.
Fox Sports News said that 37-year-old Prior, who works for the broadcaster, will join the Newcastle Jets as a guest player for the rest of the season.
"Spencer will train with the first team today (Tuesday) ahead of Newcastle's trip to Wellington on Sunday," Fox said on its website.
Prior steps into the void left by former captain Jade North, who left the Jets earlier this month to play for South Korea's Incheon United.
Fox Sports News said that 37-year-old Prior, who works for the broadcaster, will join the Newcastle Jets as a guest player for the rest of the season.
"Spencer will train with the first team today (Tuesday) ahead of Newcastle's trip to Wellington on Sunday," Fox said on its website.
Prior steps into the void left by former captain Jade North, who left the Jets earlier this month to play for South Korea's Incheon United.