logo

Venus pulls out of Miami

Saturday, 19 March 2011


MIAMI, Mar 17 (AFP): Five-time Wimbledon champion Venus Williams has withdrawn from the ATP and WTA Miami tournament with an abdominal injury, organizers said Thursday. Injury-plagued Williams suffered the injury earlier this year at the Australian Open. "I am very sorry to not be playing in the Sony Ericsson Open this year," Williams said. "It is one of my favourite tournaments on the circuit, especially because it is so close to my home in south Florida. "I look forward to returning to the tour soon."