FE Today Logo

Sibling electrocuted in Chandpur

March 19, 2023 00:00:00

CHANDPUR, Mar 18 (BSS): A teenage girl and her younger brother died from electrocution in Shahrasti municipality area of the district on Saturday.

The victims were identified as Fahima Akhter, 16, daughter of Shahjahan Bhuiyan and her brother Fahim, 07, resident of the area.

Police said Fahim came in contact with a live electric wire around 1pm at Poshchim Upolata Bhuiyan Bari of the municipality. At that time, his elder sister Fahima came forward to save his brother and both of them were electrocuted.

Later, they were taken to Shahrasti Upazila Health Complex where the duty doctor declared them dead.

Officer-in-Charge of Shahrasti Police Station Shahid Hossain confirmed the matter.

Share if you like